against all the odds Definition
- 1. The chance or probability, expressed as a ratio, that something will or will not happen.
- Example: The odds are 10‐1 against
- Example: offer odds of 2 to 1
- Example: The odds are in her favour
- Example: The odds are he'll be late again
- Thesaurus: probability, likelihood, chance.
- In spite of great difficulty or disadvantage.
- In disagreement or dispute; on bad terms.
- Thesaurus: in conflict, opposed, in dispute, at variance, at loggerheads, quarreling, feuding, at one another's throats, at outs (
- To offer a bet with favourable odds.
- To make no significant difference.
- More than is normal, required or expected, etc.
- To talk too much or too loudly.
- To boast.
- To accept a bet.
- To offer a bet with unfavourable odds.
What difference does it make?; What does it matter?