verb associated, associating
- 1. To connect in the mind.
- Example: associate lambs with spring
- Thesaurus: relate, correlate, compare, link, connect, join.
2. To mix socially.
- Example: don't associate with him
- Thesaurus: keep company, be intimate, fraternize, consort be friendly, run around, hang around (
4. To join with people for a common purpose.
- Thesaurus: incorporate, organize, affiliate, unite, federate, ally, amalgamate; Antonym: disband, dissolve, break up.
- 1. A business partner or colleague.
2. A companion or friend.
3. Someone who is admitted to a society, institution, etc without full membership.
- 1. Joined with another, especially in a business.
- Example: an associate director
3. Attendant; accompanying.
- Example: suffering from a cold and all its associate miseries
- 1. Used in the name of a company to show that it has been formed from several smaller companies.
- Form: Associated (usually)