- 1. The whole physical structure of a person or animal.
- Thesaurus: physique, frame, form, shape, build, torso, trunk.
3. A corpse.
- Thesaurus: corpse, cadaver, remains, carcass.
5. A person's physical needs and desires as opposed to spiritual concerns.
6. A substantial section or group.
- Example: a body of opinion
- Thesaurus: society, group, association, cartel, bloc, confederation, congress.
- Example: a body of water
- Thesaurus: collection, corpus, compilation.
- Example: a heavenly body
- Example: a foreign body
11. Thickness; substantial quality.
12. The opacity of a paint or pigment.
13. A legless tight-fitting one-piece garment for women, fastening at the crotch. Also (especially formerly) called bodysuit.
- A person.
- bodies, bodied, bodying
1. To give it body or form.
- Form: body something out (often)
- often facetious
To remain alive, especially not to die of hunger.
- See under dead.
- Said of a number of people: all together; acting all together.