verb displays, displayed, displaying
- 1. To put someone or something on view.
- Thesaurus: show, showcase, demonstrate, exhibit, present, parade; Antonym: hide.
- Thesaurus: show, exhibit, betray, reveal, flaunt.
- To present (advertising copy) in an eye-catching way.
- 1. The act of displaying.
2. An exhibition; a show of talent; an arrangement of objects on view.
- Thesaurus: spectacle, exhibit, show, exhibition, presentation, exposition, demonstration, performance.
4. A pattern of animal behaviour most frequently associated with courtship or the defence of territory, usually involving stereotyped sounds, movements, colour patterns, etc, that produces a specific response in another individual, especially of the same species.
- Presentation of advertising copy, etc, in an eye-catching way, through appropriate use of typefaces, space, etc.