verb extracted, extracting
- 1. To pull or draw something out, especially by force or with effort.
- Thesaurus: extort, extricate, remove, wrest, wring, uproot.
3. To derive (pleasure, etc).
- Thesaurus: elicit, derive, obtain, get, secure, draw.
5. To select (passages from a book, etc).
- Thesaurus: cite, excerpt, quote, cull, glean.
- 1. A passage selected from a book, etc.
- Thesaurus: excerpt, selection, passage, citation, quotation, abstract.
- A substance that is separated from a liquid or solid mixture by using heat, solvents or distillation, etc.
- Thesaurus: essence, distillation, concentrate, infusion.
- A person or thing that extracts.
- An extractor fan.