- 1. Any adhesive obtained by extracting natural substances, especially from bone, in boiling water.
- Thesaurus: adhesive, cement, paste, mucilage, gum, isinglass.
- glued, glueing, gluing
1. To use such an adhesive to stick (two materials or parts) together.
- Thesaurus: stick, fix, cement, paste, seal, agglutinate, gum.
Phrasal Verb: glue something to something
- To fix (especially the eyes) on it.
- Example: eyes glued to the TV
- To stay very close to it.
- Example: The toddler was glued to its mother's side