- 1. A tendency to show or present things in an ideal or idealized form rather than as they really are.
- Thesaurus: romanticism, utopianism, perfectionism, humanitarianism.
- The theory that material objects and the external world do not really exist but are products of the mind. Compare realism.
- Someone who lives or tries to live according to ideals.
- Thesaurus: dreamer, perfectionist, romantic, visionary; Antonym: realist, pragmatist.
- An impractical person.
- A believer in idealism.
- Tending to form or live according to ideals
- Thesaurus: impractical, optimistic, unrealistic, quixotic, romantic, utopian, visionary, starry-eyed; Antonym: realistic, pragmatic.