in the flesh Definition
- 1. In animals: the soft tissues covering the bones, consisting chiefly of muscle.
- Thesaurus: tissue, body, brawn, fat, substance, pulp.
3. The pulp of a fruit or vegetable.
4. The body as distinct from the soul or spirit; bodily needs.
7. A yellowish-pink colour.
- fleshed, fleshing
1. To train (eg dogs) for hunting by giving them raw meat.
- Bodily or human nature.
- One's family or relations.
- Thesaurus: relatives, family, relations, kin, kinsfolk, kindred.
- In person; actually present.
Phrasal Verb: flesh something out
- To add descriptive detail to it.