- 1. Splendidly impressive in size, extent or appearance.
- Thesaurus: impressive, stately, grand, great, sublime, gorgeous, radiant, glittering, elegant, lavish, luxurious, opulent, resplendent, rich; Antonym: plain, simple.
- Excellent; admirable.
- Said of a ruler, etc: noble; grand; elevated.
- Thesaurus: exalted, elevated, noble, stately, august, grand, great, sublime; Antonym: humble, modest.
- The quality or state of being magnificent
- Thesaurus: grandeur, majesty, glory, radiance, pomp, splendour, ostentation, lavishness, resplendence, impressiveness; sublimity, stateliness; Antonym: modesty, plainness.