- 1. A movement requiring, or performed with, skill or intelligence, eg one carried out by the driver of a vehicle or pilot of an aircraft.
- Thesaurus: stratagem, plan, tactics, ploy, subterfuge, trick, ruse; procedure, movement.
- A large-scale battle-training exercise by armed forces;
- Form: manoeuvres (usually)
- A skilful or clever tactical movement of troops or ships, etc.
- tr & intr
1. To move something accurately and with skill.
- Example: manoeuvred the car into the space
2. To use ingenuity, and perhaps deceit, in handling something or someone.
- Thesaurus: plot, contrive, devise, design, scheme, trick, cheat, conspire.
3. To carry out military exercises.
tr & intr
4. To change the position of (troops or ships, etc).