- 1a. Not depending on, or influenced by, personal opinions or prejudices;
- Thesaurus: detached, dispassionate, impartial, open-minded, disinterested, judicial, equitable, even-handed, fair, unprejudiced, sober; Antonym: biased, subjective.
- Having existence outside the mind;
- Based on fact or reality. Compare subjective.
- Said of a case or word: indicating the object;
- Said of a case or word: in the relation of object to a verb or proposition.
- Said of symptoms: perceptible to a person other than the individual affected.
- Said of lenses: nearest the object.
- 1. A thing aimed at or wished for; a goal.
- Thesaurus: goal, intention, aim, purpose, target, ambition, end, aspiration, design.
- The objective case;
- A word or form in that case.
- Relating to or of the nature of an objective.
- In an objective way
- Thesaurus: impartially, justly, indifferently, soberly, dispassionately, without bias, without prejudice.
- The fact or quality of being objective, especially of considering things without being dependent on, or influenced by, personal opinions or prejudices.