or else Definition
- 1. Different from or in addition to something or someone known or already mentioned
- Example: I'd like something else
- Example: Where else can you buy it?
- Or if not ... ; otherwise ....
- Example: Hurry up, or else we'll be late
Or I will punish or harm you; or there will be trouble
- Example: Give me the money, or else!
- 1. Used to introduce: alternatives.
- Example: red or pink or blue
- Example: a puppy or young dog
- Example: She's laughing ― or is she crying?
- Example: Ask her whether she thinks he'll come or not
- Example: Run or you'll be late
- Example: never joins in or helps
Expressing a threat or warning
- Example: Give it to me or else!
- Or to be more accurate.
- Example: He went too, or rather I heard he did
- About; roughly.
- Example: been there two hours or so
- Thesaurus: approximately, roughly, practically, about.