verb pleased, pleasing
- tr & intr
1. To give satisfaction, pleasure or enjoyment; to be agreeable to someone.
- Thesaurus: gratify, satisfy, entertain, amuse, captivate, charm, delight, enchant; Antonym: anger, annoy.
- To be the inclination of someone or something.
- Example: if it should please you to join us
3. To choose; to like.
- Example: Do what you please
- Example: Do as you please
- Thesaurus: desire, wish, want, demand, prefer.
- 1. Used politely to accompany a request, order, acceptance of an offer, protest, a call for attention, etc.
- old use as adverb
Of all things.
- Example: is engaged to a baronet, if you please
- To do as one likes.
- Example: Please yourself, then