- 1. historical
- Someone owned by and acting as servant to another, with no personal freedom.
- Thesaurus: captive, bondman, bondwoman, bondservant, serf, chattel, vassal.
3. A person who works extremely hard for another; a drudge.
4. A person submissively devoted to another.
5. A person whose life is dominated by a specific activity or thing.
- Example: She's a slave to her work
- Form: a slave to something (also)
1. To work like or as a slave; to work hard and ceaselessly.
- Thesaurus: labour, toil, struggle, sweat, drudge.