verb submerged, submerging, submersed, submersing
- tr & intr
1. To plunge or sink or cause to plunge or sink under the surface of water or other liquid.
- Thesaurus: submerse, immerse, deluge, dunk, engulf, flood, inundate, overwhelm, swamp, sink, descend, plunge, drown; Antonym: raise, surface.
3. To conceal or inhibit something.
- Example: submerged his feelings
- 1. Sunk.
- Said of plants or plant parts: growing underwater.
- Concealed or inhibited.
- Thesaurus: concealed, hidden, obscured.
- Overwhelmed, especially by too much work.