- 1. Lower in rank, importance, etc; secondary.
- Thesaurus: minor, subsidiary, supplementary, auxiliary, accessory, ancillary; Antonym: main, chief.
- Form: subordinate to someone (often)
- 1. Someone or something that is characterized by being lower or secondary in rank, status, importance, etc.
- Thesaurus: assistant, aide, junior, underling, adjunct, inferior, second banana (
- 1. To regard or treat someone as being lower or secondary in rank, status, importance, etc; to put someone into this kind of position.
2. To cause or force someone or something to become dependent, subservient, etc.