- 1. Relating to or consisting of words.
- Example: verbal abuse
- Thesaurus: verbatim, rhetorical, lexical.
- Example: verbal communication
- Thesaurus: oral, spoken, told, word-of-mouth, rhetorical.
- Relating to or derived from a verb or verbs.
5. Talkative; articulate.
- 1. A word, especially a noun, derived from a verb.
- An oral statement, especially an arrested suspect's confession of guilt, made to the police, or claimed by them to have been made.
- An insult; abuse.
- Example: communicated with them