adj warier, wariest
- 1. Alert, vigilant or cautious; on one's guard.
- Thesaurus: leery, guarded, heedful, suspicious, cagey, cautious, circumspect, distrustful, on the lookout, prudent, watchful; Antonym: heedless, impulsive.
3. Cautious; suspicious of it or them.
- Example: Be wary of such invitations
- Form: wary of something (often)
- Form: wary of someone
- In a wary manner
- Thesaurus: guardedly, carefully, cautiously, apprehensively, hesitantly, watchfully, distrustfully, gingerly; Antonym: recklessly, heedlessly, thoughtlessly.